Family Reading Night
In the month of March, Shop with a Cop Foundation of Silicon Valley hosts a Family Reading Night at select elementary schools where parents learn how to help their child at home by participating in an evening of reading. The evening consists of:
- Rotation stations begin with the Principal modeling the reading process.
- Next, parents read to their child
- Then, they rotate to the Community Heroes station, where law enforcement officers from the community read a book to the group.
- At the next station, parents learn how the student takes a computerized test based on the reading assignment.
- Lastly, the parent and child make a book mark and select a couple of FREE books and a dictionary to take home for their personal library.
Benefits of Family Reading Night
- Parents and children come together to share in the gift of reading.
- Parents learn some very important strategies on how to help their children at home.
- Studies show that when parents are involved, children perform better.
How Your Pledge Helps
- The more books children read the better readers they become.
- Your pledge will allow Shop with a Cop Foundation of Silicon Valley to purchase books, supplies and food
- Hold Family Reading Nights at multiple schools with similar demographics.