In the month of March, Shop with a Cop Foundation of Silicon Valley hosts a Family Reading Night at select elementary schools where parents learn how to help their child at home by participating in an evening of reading. The evening consists of:
- Rotation stations begin with the Principal modeling the reading process.
- Next, parents read to their child
- Then, they rotate to the Community Heroes station, where law enforcement officers from the community read a book to the group.
- At the next station, parents learn how the student takes a computerized test based on the reading assignment.
- Lastly, the parent and child make a book mark and select a couple of FREE books and a dictionary to take home for their personal library.